Saturday, October 29, 2016

Be Contagious with Positivity

It's an essential idea to develop a mindset that really big problems are really big opportunities. I got this from Roch Tranel of Tranel Financial in Libertyville, IL. Gifts, talents, and passions are the things that solve problems. I have found this to be exactly the case in my life. And when you expect great things to happen, guess what, they happen!

You are contagious with positivity when you apply the principles of prosperity to your attitude and your outlook on life. You have to have a winning attitude to develop this. Other people will follow you. You will become a leader. A thought leader. Leading with your actions and then determining your future through a relentlessly positive approach. YOU are awesome simply because you are you!

I started working at University of Nevada Press as sales and marketing manager in the summer of 2016. This entailed moving from Chicago metro area to Reno. This is a big change to say the least. I was able to bring my 24-year-old daughter, Isabel, with me. She has enrolled in college and has discovered Psychology. It turns out that the area of Psychology comes really easily to her, and for the first time in her collegiate career she received an A+ as a grade for a class. Wow. I've never been a big grades person - having gone to Hampshire College in Amherst, MA where they don't use grades - but I have to say that I am really proud of her,

The job at the university press is great for me because first of all, I have always loved a project. It gives me a strong sense of identity and it also means I can help deserving authors promote and market their books. And I've always been passionate about books. If you have read any of my blog entries here, or seen my live streaming videos on Periscope, or if you follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Snap Chat, you will see that books are important to me. My publishing house was Wicker Park Press, Ltd, and while I was not able to parlay that company into an ongoing success, it was always about publishing books that I was passionate about. And these were high-quality books.

It's about remaining positive and using your talents to help other people. Becoming contagious with positivity means transforming your life so you can perform useful things in the world. I know for a fact I can help people realize their dreams. And remaining positive in the face of incredible challenges is the first step. It means taking the first step and putting yourself out there. People in the world need what you have to offer, so developing self-confidence, poise, and straight-forward thinking and taking action is what will turn you in to a success.






No comments: