Sunday, May 13, 2012

Giovanni Ethan Castronovo Miller

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who expressed condolences over the passing of my grandson at a mere 10 weeks old. The amazing thing about Giovanni is that he was so healthy, so vivacious, and so full of life that his sudden death was and continues to be a shock to our family. He was born on Washington's birthday, February 22, 2012 at 6 pounds, 8 ounces in Chicago. He passed away on May 2 of this same year.

Little Giovanni is a love child, and he taught his mother Isabel the joy and responsibility of parenthood. He taught my wife and I about being grandparents. My parents about being great grandparents. My younger daughter Talia about being an aunt. So many people whom Giovanni came in contact with loved and admired this special baby.

My friend Janet Green, a clairvoyant, told me his spirit is fine. He felt no pain. Simply by being himself he has taught me about love and what is most important in life. Even as he sleeps with angels in heaven his spirit continues to teach me about love and life, and how love is the most important thing in the world. I love you, dear reader, and all my friends and family who reached out to us at this time of grief and sorrow. But we will not give in to despair! I want to express profound gratitude for having the experience of getting to know and nurture dear Giovanni. It reaffirms my belief in life and makes me so very happy!

Giovanni was laid to rest on May 8 at Waldheim Cemetery in Forest Park, IL. He is in the children's section at the back end in a beautiful spot. We will create a marker for his grave. Rabbi Victor Merelman said the last rites and was a calming influence on those who attended. I just found out that my great grandparents are buried in this cemetery, Morris and Bethie Ruttenburg, along with a few other Ruttenburgs, who would be great great aunts and uncles to Giovanni on my mother's side. This tells me Giovanni is in the right place. It is accessible and we will never forget how his special spirit changed our lives for the better.

With love and gratitude and a look towards a bright future,

Eric Lincoln Miller
River Forest, IL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, isabel, and your entire family. The pain lessens; the love never disappears.

kathy

Eric Lincoln Miller said...

Thank you Kathy. Love has the amazing power to change the world.